Re: Question to Project Scud

Le Lundi 14 Mars 2005 16:14, Bill Allombert a écrit :
> Dear Project Scud,
>
> Why calling this project "scud" ? According to wikipedia
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scud>, this is the NATO name of
> a Soviet ballistic missile, coming from a comic
> 'Scud: The Disposable Assassin'.
>
> So, was the name chosen as an hint you are going to dispose of DD
> that get in your way ? Probably not, but then why this name ?

please read [1] more carefully, especially the third footnote that I
quote here :

    In reference to the dog of Sid from toystory, actually this was just
    a working title initially -- we do acknowledge that the name has
    some unfortunate bad connotations

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2005/03/msg00035.html
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit