Re: Questions to all DPL candidates

On Κυριακή 13 Μάρτιος 2005 18:28, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> What's the compatible replacement for Times New Roman?

Compatible in what way? Do you need just a serif font? Or do you need
some serif font that looks exactly like Times New Roman, same
kerning, dimensions, etc but is not TImes New Roman? In the second
case, I'm afraid I can't really help you, as I'm not a typesetting
expert. But if you're just looking for a nice looking serif font,
there are plenty: FreeSerif, Bitstream, Thryomanes, and I think
there's a (non-free/contrib?) package of ttf-gentium, a very high
quality serif font.
But I think, OO.o, amongst others, offers the ability to use a font
replacement table for improrting/exporting documents.