Re: other candidates opinion about project scud

Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz@debian.org> wrote:

> What is your opinion about the proposed DPL team? Where do you see
> problems with this approach? What are the key benefits?

The DPL team idea confuses me a little. The DPL can already delegate
tasks to other members of the project, so I'm unconvinced by the
argument that it's impossible for a single DPL to have time to do
everything. I like the idea of power being distributed to more people,
but I think the right answer is for this power to be distributed as
necessary to whoever is most appropriate at the time.

> If you were elected DPL, would you also form a similar team? Why (not)?

No. The DPL's team should be made up of everyone involved in the
project, not a subset of it. There should be no issues that can't be
discussed with everyone. How does the creation of a small team increase
Debian's transparency? Why would their meetings be private? What real
benefits does having this team bring to the project?

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.vote@srcf.ucam.org