Re: Project scud (for Andreas Schuldei and Branden Robinson)

also sprach Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> [2005.03.07.2359 +0100]:
> Andreas and Branden are free to consult with me whenever they want
> a second opinion about a question they've been asked, just as they
> would be able to consult the "DPL team" if elected; for that
> matter, other DPL candidates are also free to consult me if they
> want my opinion.

Would only members of the DPL team be able to consult you for your
opinion?

Or, to take this further: so far, project scud has been two things
for me: a good idea, and a big surprise. It replaces a cathedral
with a bazaar, but it was a secret for two or more months before it
hit the news.

Since I believe your answer to my initial question to be 'no',
I wonder why we need a team at all. Why can't the DPL simply immerse
in the developer community and consult with individual developers,
or all of us, depending on the challenge at hand? He could call out
to you for release questions, Jeroen for QA, Bdale for business
stuff, or anyone else when appropriate.

Why the need for a closed council, which will surely employ closed
means of communication among its members? Why not consult in public
so we all know how our project is actually being led?

`. `'`