Re: email vs. IRC debate (was: DPL election IRC Debate - question about the NEW handling)

also sprach MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> [2005.03.09.1734 +0100]:
> Especially if an IRC debate organiser posts what looks like flamebait.

Just like any delegate, DPL candidate, or $WHATEVER, I reserve the
right to represent myself independently of any official position
I have chosen to occupy.

> Some prefer email. Some prefer IRC. Let's cater for both, OK?

Yes.

> Myself, I find email more reliable and I think it's important to
> explore my choice, but I like seeing the interaction of a good IRC
> debate.

Yes, and the point is exactly that: augment the campaign by yet
another medium. This time by one in which time puts a limit on how
well the candidates can polish their responses -- ideally reducing
the responses down to the candidate's real intents. Argh, too tired
to rephrase that sentence; I hope it's clear.

`. `'`