preparing the debate (was: DPL election IRC Debate - Call for questions)

also sprach MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> [2005.03.03.0520 +0100]:
> > Can we keep the debate questions off this list? Otherwise the
> > choice is between leaving them unanswered for a couple of weeks
> > until the debate, or having them already answered on the list,
> > and thus redundant for the debate. Having different Subjects for
> > different topics would be nice too...
>
> Probably not, unless we make debian-vote a moderated list.

... or the candidates simply refuse to answer them here.

> I hope that the debate questioners can start from ones posed here
> (which may be answered by some or all before IRC) and explore in
> those directions a little.

We will do our best.

> Of course, until Helen and/or Martin explain the debate more, I'm
> just throwing ideas into the melting pot.

We are working hard to (a) find a suitable time, and (b) find
a suitable format. To my knowledge, Debian has never had a Debate
with six candidates, and IRC is a really difficult medium to work
with in terms of moderation, so we have to go through many options
for a half-way optimal solution.

While I am somewhat experienced with moderation (and CSCW in
general), maybe some of you have suggestions about the debate.
I would love to hear those *in private*, please.

`. `'`