Re: Default options (Technical Committee supermajority)

* Anthony Towns (aj@azure.humbug.org.au) [040610 08:10]:
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 01:27:17AM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > 1. Supermajority:
> >   TC is never more than 8 people, this effectively means that the TC's
> >   supermajority for overruling a developer has been changed from 3:1
> >   to 4:1.
>
> So, changing that to a X >= m*FD, means in the m=1 case that you don't
> drop an option which is ranked equally to FD -- the other cases have large
> majorities anyway, so they're not interesting.

Yes, of course. In other real-life institutions, I have seen that "1:1
majority" = "simple majority" mean: more people approving something
than rejecting it, and every "n:1 majority" (with n!=1) means: At
least n times as many people are approving something than rejecting
it.

I consider this to be a good way, and to address both valid concerns
of Ian and Anthony.

Cheers,
Andi
--