Re: Ready to vote on 2004-003?

Scripsit Raul Miller <moth@debian.org>

> Or do you just want him to restate his opinion that the new social
> contract forbids some interpretations which were ok under the old version?

If would be nice if he would reveal whether one of the proposed
resolutions would *not* result in a situation where he would be
comfortable with releasing sarge with non-free firmware blobs in
main.

As far as a straightforward reading goes, each of the current
proposals (except "further discussion") appears to address the trouble
that the RM has described, therefore allowing a quick release of
sare. However, that is *my* kind of straightforward, which others may
or may not share. And the RM's reluctance to confirm that he shares
such an interpretation seems to strongly suggest that he doesn't. Is
it too much to ask that he explains how his understanding differs from
(say) mine, rather than expecting people to telepathically discover
which option it is that would not change his view of the situation?

--
Henning Makholm      "Jeg kunne ikke undgå at bemærke at han gik på hænder."