Re: General Resolution: Force AMD64 into Sarge

* Manoj Srivastava (srivasta@debian.org) [040720 20:55]:
>> [...]

> 	In that case, the GR proposal does not yet have enough
>  seconds to get it to vote, and we are still in the proposal phase
>  (which may be a good thing, allowing time to iron out the proposal
>  before proceeding to the discussion phase).

Yes, that might be the best thing (together with a quick solving of
the remaining issues for inclusion in sid).

I want to remember us all that it's always much more difficult to
build something up than to tear it down. Of course, it's really
frustrating that amd64 is not in the archive. It's also frustrating
that the remaining issues are not posted. But - it's also frustrating
how the ftp-masters are treated. And, as we all are frustrated, we
tend to behave in a frustrating way to others (and I'm not an
exception from this).

In my opinion, we all would be far better off (and also, both sarge
and amd64 would profit from it), if we manage to pull ourselfs
together, and act in a nice, friendly way. We all are human beings,
and spending our free time for Debian. We have managed really great
things. Debian is one of the most popular Linux distributions, and a
lot of things are done just better than in commercial distributions.
So, please, let's go together, solve our problems, and make Debian a
better place.

Cheers,
Andi
--