On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Josselin Mouette wrote:

> recognizing that the AMD64-based architectures are likely to become the
> most widespread on personal computers and workstations in a near future,
Well, this is kind of to strong wording. I'd replace "most widespread"
by "common" - which is important enough to second to all you wrote.

> and acknowledging that its users want to take advantage of all this
> architecture's features,
I'd strongly second that because several users asked for it on the exhibition
booth at LinuxTag.  IMHO our users deserve that we respect this.

> With our current release timeframe, AMD64 is likely to become the most
> sold architecture for personal computers way before the release that
> will follow sarge.
As stated above "the most sold" is also quite strong - "a very common"
would be more serious.

> If we don't release sarge with AMD64 support, our
> users will be very disappointed.
... a noticeable amount of our users ...

> The popularity of the debian-amd64
> project just shows what they are waiting for.
Seconded.

> I'm looking for seconds for this proposal,
Done

        Andreas.