Re: First Draft proposal for modification of Debian Free Software Guidelines:

Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> writes:

> You'd find even less people who'd design fonts. And I don't know how
> many would just modify a given font or rather create a new one from
> scratch.

A huge point of the part of free software is that it creates a free
market for support.  I don't have to do it myself, I can pay anyone I
like to do it for me, or have a friend do it, or cajole a favor out of
someone.  It's irrelevant whether lots of people design fonts.