Re: Proposal - Deferment of Changes from GR 2004-003

* Andrew Suffield (asuffield@debian.org) wrote:
> I propose the following amendment, replacing the entire text of the
> resolution:
>
> ---
> The Debian project resolves that it will not compromise on freedom,
> and will never knowingly issue another release (excluding point
> updates to stable releases) that contains anything in the 'main' or
> 'contrib' sections which is not free software according to the DFSG.
> ---
>
> This amendment essentially reaffirms that the current text of the
> social contract is what is meant, and that Debian does not cut corners
> in order to release sooner.

	I'm not a DD, but if I was, I'd second this.

	cheers,
	iain

	(desperately trying to stay on top of the GR threads while
	still doing _some_ work)

--
"If sharing a thing in no way diminishes it, it is not
rightly owned if it is not shared." -- St. Augustine