Re: Counter-Proposal (was Re: Amendment to the Constitution: Add a new foundation document)

On Sat, May 01, 2004 at 11:33:01AM -0400, David B Harris wrote:
> The important part of my sentence was the first part - it "covers
> everything". Including actually releasing Sarge, which your proposal
> doesn't :)

A change to the Constitution does have to mention any specific version
of Debian.  If I had proposed such a thing, I would have failed
immediately.  Resolving what happens to sarge would be a matter of
applying the new version of the SC to sarge+1.  I can't believe we have
to spell these things out.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/