Re: Amendment to the Constitution: Add a new foundation document [Typographical fixes]

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 05:16:57PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> In the specific case of General Resolution 2004_003, since that release
> currently in preparation, code named "Sarge", is very close to release,
> and the previously released version is quite out of date, our commitment
> to our users dictates that the "Sarge" release should go on as planned -
> even while we are in the process of reaching compliance with the new
> Social Contract. This exemption for "Sarge" applies to security releases
> and point releases as well.

I'm very uneasy about adding specific text to foundation documents. Is
your proposal meant as an addition to the GRs that want to exempt Sarge
from the change to the SC?

I really like your proposal in general but I believe it should be voted
on *after* we exempted Sarge from the current SC, and be independant of
it. Also, it should be stripped of all personal and only presently
applicable texts, like the references to Raul, Joey and Sarge.

regards,

Michael

--
Michael Banck