Re: Damage-control GR and XFree86 non-freedom

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 12:26:31AM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Is it known whether the sarge-ignore status of
> #211765: xfree86: material under GLX Public License and SGI Free
>          Software License B is not DFSG-free
> is affected by the current situation? It is not clear from the bug
> logs whether the sarge-ignore tag is due to an ordinary "we don't have
> time to fix this" decision, or because the RM's interpretation of the
> old SC allowed exempting X drivers on general principles?

It's there because the issue's being worked on, is (or was considered)
unlikely to be resolved for sarge, and doesn't seem important to be
fixed for sarge. No doubt another example of my hypocrisy and lust for
non-free software or whatever.

Cheers,
aj

Don't assume I speak for anyone but myself. GPG signed mail preferred.

Protect Open Source in Australia from over-reaching changes to IP law
http://www.petitiononline.com/auftaip/ & http://www.linux.org.au/fta/