Re: First Draft proposal for modification of Debian Free Software Guidelines:

On 2004-04-29 10:29:12 +0100 Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote:

Our official logo (that with the bottle) is non-free, because it is
not free useable. (Failing DFSG #1, 4, 5, 6, 8.)

The "open use" logo is non-free because the copyright licence restricts field of use (rather pointless to use copyright law to do the job of other laws). This is not a source code provision problem.

--
MJR/slef
My Opinion Only and possibly not of any group I know.