Re: Amendment of Proposal - Deferment of Changes from GR 2004-003

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 12:07:25PM -0500, Chad Walstrom wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 04:59:00PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > I feel that the most honest approach is to note in the Social Contract
> > itself that we apologize for not living up to those principles just
> > yet.
>
> Such an apology is not necessary language for the Social Contract.

I think it's very much part of the Contract, given that it's the
Contract itself from which we're apologizing for slipping.

> Updating the DFSG web page would be sufficient to inform the Debian user
> of the current state of the project with respect to the two versions of
> the SC we currently use.  This could include your proposed apology.

Also /usr/share/doc/debian/social-contract.txt. I think we might as well
amend the SC anyway, since I think my amendment ought to require
supermajority anyway.