Re: GR: Alternative editorial changes to the SC

On 2004-04-15 06:42:03 +0100 Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 10:36:07PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
maintainers who think (presumably because of the nonsense puffed out
over the years) that the DFSG doesn't apply to documentation.
as i pointed out in my last message, the jury is still out on this
topic.  it has not been decided, so it is dishonest of you to pretend
that it has been.

Nevertheless, in the last relevant survey, only a very small minority objected to applying DFSG to all software, including documentation. Even if not "decided" unanimously, the "jury" doesn't seem to be in much doubt on it and it is dishonest of you to pretend otherwise.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at