Re: reasonable questions? was: Questions for the candidates

Anand Kumria <akumria@debian.org> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 11:43:29AM +0100, Falk Hueffner wrote:
> > Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes:
> > > [...]
> > > Do you believe that developers should be (or are) equally willing to have
> > > a dialogue with people who provide criticism consisting of suggestions
> > > of alternatives, discussion of tradeoffs that can and should be made
> > > and helpful bits of code, or people who accompany their complaints with
> > > comments like "This FUCKING SUCKS! The maintainer must be incompetent or
> > > on crack" and requests for dismissal or replacement rather than useful
> > > assistance?
> >
> > If you want to make a point, that's fine, but please don't abuse
> > debian-vote and "Questions for the candidates" for this, that just
> > wastes everybody's time. These are no reasonable questions.
>
> Perhaps in your opinion. But I found a number of those questions to
> be one I would have wanted answered myself -- either in debian-vote
> or via irc/email.

Sorry, I didn't express myself clearly. Certainly a few of the
questions are reasonable, however most of them are clearly only trying
to make a point (like the one above). I didn't mean to imply that the
issues mentioned aren't worth discussing.

--
	Falk