Re: Proposal: Keep non-free

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 06:08:45PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> If your statement had nothing to do with the project, why did you give
> it as a reply to my comment about the project?
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2004/debian-vote-200402/msg00105.html

I was responding to the statement:

   The Debian project should only be used to develop software which
   could then be distributed as part of the Debian operating system.

The way I read this statement, you're not restricting it to only certain
classes of use -- you're saying that any use must fit this restriction
(so it could include "using development tools provided by the project").

The way I read this statement, you're not restricting it to any specific
group of people using the project (so it could apply to all debian users).

Reading your responses to my post, I see that you didn't really intend
to say what I read you to say.

I'm not completely clear on what you did intend to say, so for now
I'm going to take what you said as a statement that "we should stop
distributing non-free and contrib", and nothing else.

Thanks,

--
Raul