Re: Proposal: Keep non-free

On 2004-02-24 03:57:55 +0000 Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> wrote:

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 01:17:13AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
As you write it, this is an unreasonable demand: who judges it?
"who judges" is a trivially easy question to answer: "we all do". when no
debian developer can be bothered producing a non-free package, that's
sufficient proof that there is no more need for non-free packages.

I already dealt with that unreasonable position in another email.

btw, it's not at all unreasonable to expect uninvolved third-parties (i.e. you
bigots) to mind their own business.

It's not at all unreasonable to expect you pro-non-free bigots to shut up and let us actually use the decision process we have, instead of saying "don't mention the non-free. I did once, but I think I got away with it." If you still want to package or use non-free, then express your view. If the decision goes against you, maintain it some place else. Quit trying to sabotage the project by insisting we must irrationally keep non-free after its support has waned too much.

Again, I see you have "seconded" something which we still don't know is mule or fowl. Do you think you seconded an amendment or a new proposal?

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at