Re: Proposal: Keep non-free

On 2004-02-21 23:50:37 +0000 Sean 'Shaleh' Perry <shaleh@speakeasy.net> wrote:

I second this.

How can you? Is it a proposal or an amendment? Donkey or poultry?

Did you forget your GnuPG signature, or have I broken my email again?

Many of us (myself included) don't like non-free but pragmatism is important here. If users have to fight to get their new computer working they will go somewhere else. The recent trend of video card and other hardware vendors indicates that this problem will not be going away.

I think there are many things to positively support to make debian easier to install, if you have the time. d-i and XSF are two of them.