Re: Proposal: Keep non-free

Anthony Towns wrote:

I propose that the Debian project resolve that:

Acknowledging that some of our users continue to require the use of
programs that don't conform to the Debian Free Software Guidelines, we
reaffirm our commitment to providing the contrib and non-free areas in
our archive for packaged versions of such software, and to providing the
use of our infrastructure (such as our bug-tracking system and mailing
lists) to help with the maintenance of non-free software packages.

I second this. I believe it is important for business users (like myself) to have access to this software, and that it allows us to apply pressure to upstream authors to choose friendlier licenses.

Regards,

Sam

--
Sam Johnston, Director