Re: resounding nothingness

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 09:39:36PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> I'm not sure how to proceed on this non-free issue.
> If no one thinks my most recent proposal is worth sponsoring, nor even
> criticising,

Well, I've already said in the past that I think it'd be better to deal
with making the text clearer separately from working out what we want to
do with non-free. Particularly given you're just changing "Debian(n)" to
"Debian Main", I think it's clear that we can reasonably cope with the
Social Contract as it is while keeping non-free, so there's no urgency
about this change.

Concurrent with this mail, I've proposed what I think we should do,
which I hope is pretty simple and straightforward.

> I guess I should just drop it?

If we decide to keep non-free, I think we should come back to the issue.

FWIW, I can't say I really like the word "main". It's about as hopeless as
"contrib" is in making it obvious what it's meant to mean.

Cheers,
aj

             Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we could.
           http://conf.linux.org.au/ -- Jan 12-17, 2004