"Debian" in the social contract

Currently, there seem to be several parts of the social contract which
attract interpretations which conflict with clear intent of the social
contract (as represented by common sense reading of what it has to say,
and as represented by existing practice).

I'm thinking that the use of "Debian" as an noun to refer to products
of the Debian project is overly confusing -- it invites generalities
which don't really make sense.

Here's a list of the usages of the term "Debian" in the social contract:

	Debian GNU/Linux Social Contract
1	The Debian Project
1	Debian
1	Debian GNU/Linux Distribution
1	Debian
2	the Debian system
4	Debian systems
4	Debian and comercial software
5	Debian Free Software Guidelines
5	the Debian system
5	Debian
5	Debian

if we also include the DFSG, we also have:

	The Debian Free Software Guidelines
1	a Debian component
4	The Debian group
8	Debian
8	a Debian system
8	Debian
8	Debian
8	the Debian system

In my opinion, the best synonym candidate for the word "Debian" in the
cases where it stands alone is "the Debian system".

Also, in my opinion, "Debian GNU/Linux Distribution" is intended to
refer to the same thing as "the Debian system".

Also, in my opinion, I believe our "main" distribution is what we're
referring to when we speak of "the Debian system".

I believe this interpretation makes sense and is self consistent.

I believe Andrew Suffield's proposal to drop part of the social contract
is based on a misunderstanding -- basicaly, a misunderstanding of what
the term "Debian" means in the social contract when it's used by itself.

This, to me, implies that we should modify the social contract so it
no longer uses "Debian" as if it were a noun.  Also, I believe that we
should explicitly mention that we have created the "main" area of our
archive for the Debian system.

I hope this is a clear enough statement of what I believe.

If you object to this interpretation, please provide a self-consistent
alternative interpretation based on whatever the point of your
disagreement is.

If you think this makes sense, please let me know.

Thanks,

--
Raul