Re: "keep non-free" proposal

Anthony Towns wrote:
>How about:
>
>  1. The Debian Distribution Will Remain 100% Free Software
>
>     We promise to keep the Debian Distribution entirely free software. As
>     there are many definitions of free software, we include the
>     guidelines we use to determine if software is "free" below.
<snip>
Better:
  1.  The Debian Distribution will remain 100% Free
We provide the guidelines that we use to determine if a work is "free"
in the document entitled "The Debian Free Software Guidelines". We
promise that the Debian system and all its components will be free
according to these guidelines.

(adapted from Andrew Suffield's editorial-fixes proposal)

Andrew Suffield's editorial-fixes proposal deals with the contentious issue of
the meaning of "Software" and the limitation of section 5 to "Programs", by
clarifying that the DFSG applies to *all* works.  This is in keeping with the
original intent of the Social Contract and DFSG authors, and the debian-legal
consenus interpretation.

Raul consistently ignores this issue, for whatever reason.

Please, get Andrew's editorial-fixes proposal passed already.  *sigh*  I don't
give a damn about the non-free issue either way, but I *do* care that the
'main' archive is *actually* free.