Re: thoughts on potential outcomes for non-free ballot

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 03:14:18PM -0800, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > De facto, we don't. The debate is (primarily) whether we require it de
> > iure. I understood, apparently incorrectly, that you were discussing
> > the de iure requirements of the SC related to the DFSG, as what's
> > actually happening (right or wrong) is quite clear to see.
>
> Uh, that was addressed in subsequent paragraphs.

Yes, I just felt it important to clarify that I (and I assume most
people debating this issue) are actually discussing the requirements
of the SC relating to documentation as opposed to yours (and others)
effective requirements.

In short, the characterization of the debate to which I was refering
to as "foolish" was misplaced.

Don Armstrong

We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
 -- Jeremy S. Anderson

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu