Re: non-free and users?

On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 04:11:36AM +0100, Sergey V. Spiridonov wrote:
> >Well, that's nice, but it's not the question at issue. If we could replace
> >all the non-free software people might want to use with free software,
> >we'd be happy to. Our choice is to distribute non-free software, or
> >not. The free software we distribute isn't affected _at all_.
> If there will be no more free software to package and no work to do with
> current software packages and Debian itself, you will be abolutely
> right. It is not the case.

Again, that is simply not the choice we have. If we had mind control rays
that could make people who were working on non-free software start working
on free software, great. But that's not what we've got. We've got people
who want to work on non-free software, whose work we can either accept,
or not.

You're welcome to keep ignoring this, especially since you don't seem
to be a contributor to Debian, but it really is a fundamental point.

Cheers,
aj

             Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we could.
           http://conf.linux.org.au/ -- Jan 12-17, 2004