Re: We *can* be Free-only

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 11:50:43PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> That's a good argument.  However, to play devil's advocate, what if the
> result is that Debian Developers start trying harder to sneak non-free
> stuff into "main"?  At this point, given the amount of non-free stuff
> which *already* lives in main,  I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised.

That should be a release critical bug against that package.

If we have a problem with people closing release critical bugs without
fixing them, we should change BTS to allow some mechanism where only the
person submitting the bug can close it [perhaps limited to bug submitters
with keys in the keychain, and perhaps with the release manager being
able to place overrides against the mechanism on a per-bug, per-package
or per-person basis].

--
Raul