Re: Why not s/non-free/semi-free/g and remove non-free.

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 08:40:17PM +0100, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> I would like to propose changes "s/non-free/semi-free/g" for the social
> contract after sarge release together with smooth archive directory
> reorganization "s/non-free/semi-free/g" to remove "non-free" from Debian.

At first glance, that's a good idea.

Unfortunately, the FSF already has a very specific definition for
"semi-free" which in some ways is more restrictive than our "non-free".

Interestingly enough, our "non-free" is very similar to the FSF's
"non-free".

And then there's side issues [for example: Why bother updating all the
ftp archives?  And what about other problems with the social contract?]

--
Raul