Re: GR: Removal of non-free (with explanation)

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 11:17:56PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> Reading this carefully, it seems that your proposal does not conflict
> with Dale E. Martin's rather constructive proposal from
> <[🔎] 20040110164306.GA20639@clifton-labs.com>, namely to leave the actual
> packages on our servers for a while, but only accessible via nonfree.org
> and to remove every trace of non-free from debian.org from a user's
> perspective (I hope I have summarized well. The absence of discussion
> about this proposal so far seems to imply that people are generally not
> averse to it)
>
> Any opinions on this (i.e. that those two proposals don't conflict)
> assertion?

I can't see why they would, much like a few other proposals along
similar lines. It doesn't even conflict with most of the other things
people have been suggesting.

I don't expect we'd maintain this for very *long*, though. And it all
depends on somebody caring enough about non-free to want to go to the
trouble of keeping it around (I predict that in this scenario, its
size would be greatly reduced).

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |