Re: Another Non-Free Proposal

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 04:40:32PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 11:13:11AM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> > > Which still doesn't make it comparable to non-free.
> > >
> > > On the one hand, it's much more cohesive: instead of dozens of unrelated
> > > packages you have mut.
> > >
> > > On the other hand, it's a development project, not a distribution of
> > > stuff available from elsewhere.
>
> On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 04:29:48PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > You appear to be grasping.
>
> And here I thought I was answering a specific question.

No, you solicited examples, and then keep shooting down the ones being
offered as unsatisfactory.

Perhaps you need to state the parameters the examples must satisfy
explicitly.

> > What are non-free's essential characteristics, to your mind?
>
> Me?
>
> In my case, a project would be "comparable to non-free", if there's a
> reasonably good chance that a user could use that project's repository
> in the same fashion as they currently use non-free.

I was unaware that apt-ftparchive was difficult to master.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     If you're handsome, it's flirting.
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     If you're a troll, it's sexual