Re: GR: Removal of non-free

John Goerzen wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 11:52:49PM -0500, Joe Nahmias wrote:
> > been exceeded, in the (bit over) two weeks since the GR was proposed
> > there haven't been enough seconds for it to be called to a vote.  Here
> > are the posts pertaining to the vote as I have followed them (please
> > post corrections, the secretary has final discretion, etc...):
>
> Can you please repost the proposal, and modifications, or at least links
> to them?

My post included both the Message-IDs and links to the messages in the
archive.  Is that not sufficient?

> I am confused by all the different proposals and "possibly proposals
> soon" proposals here, and am not quite certain just what it is that
> could be seconded.

Well, that's why I wrote the email: to lay out, as I see it, the
official actions that have been taken in these threads.  Again, if you
feel a post that I have not listed constitutes an official action,
please inform me so that I can correct my list.

Since my original post a few more have been added.  Following is the
complete list as I have it (same disclaimer applies):

1) GR proposed by Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> in
<20031224204311.GA4684@suffields.me.uk> available at
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2003/debian-vote-200312/msg00011.html>

2) GR seconded by Graham Wilson <graham@debian.org> in
<20031224225600.GA474@quux.local> available at
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2003/debian-vote-200312/msg00012.html>

3) GR seconded by Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> in
<20031231201440.GA11133@deadbeast.net> available at
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2003/debian-vote-200312/msg00064.html>

4) GR modified by Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> in
<20031229204125.GA12797@suffields.me.uk> available at
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2003/debian-vote-200312/msg00044.html>

5) GR modification seconded by Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> in
<20031231203629.GD11133@deadbeast.net> available at
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2003/debian-vote-200312/msg00069.html>

6) GR modification seconded by Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> in
<[🔎] Pine.LNX.4.58.0401091225560.10044@cantor.unex.es> available at
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2004/debian-vote-200401/msg00463.html>

7) GR modification seconded by Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net> in
<[🔎] 20040109153621.GA12489@wookimus.net>

8) Original GR seconded by John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> in
<[🔎] 20040109171438.GB2814@complete.org>

Unfortunately, I cannot provide URLs for the last two since the
mailing-list archives are currently b0rked.

So, the modified proposal (which ends with the sentence "Clause 5 of the
social contract is repealed.") still needs two additional seconds to be
formally introduced and have the discussion period officially start.

Hope this helps,
--Joe