Re: GR: Removal of non-free
John Goerzen wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 11:52:49PM -0500, Joe Nahmias wrote:
> > been exceeded, in the (bit over) two weeks since the GR was proposed
> > there haven't been enough seconds for it to be called to a vote. Here
> > are the posts pertaining to the vote as I have followed them (please
> > post corrections, the secretary has final discretion, etc...):
> Can you please repost the proposal, and modifications, or at least links
> to them?
My post included both the Message-IDs and links to the messages in the
archive. Is that not sufficient?
> I am confused by all the different proposals and "possibly proposals
> soon" proposals here, and am not quite certain just what it is that
> could be seconded.
Well, that's why I wrote the email: to lay out, as I see it, the
official actions that have been taken in these threads. Again, if you
feel a post that I have not listed constitutes an official action,
please inform me so that I can correct my list.
Since my original post a few more have been added. Following is the
complete list as I have it (same disclaimer applies):
1) GR proposed by Andrew Suffield <firstname.lastname@example.org> in
<20031224204311.GA4684@suffields.me.uk> available at
2) GR seconded by Graham Wilson <email@example.com> in
<20031224225600.GA474@quux.local> available at
3) GR seconded by Branden Robinson <firstname.lastname@example.org> in
<20031231201440.GA11133@deadbeast.net> available at
4) GR modified by Andrew Suffield <email@example.com> in
<20031229204125.GA12797@suffields.me.uk> available at
5) GR modification seconded by Branden Robinson <firstname.lastname@example.org> in
<20031231203629.GD11133@deadbeast.net> available at
6) GR modification seconded by Santiago Vila <email@example.com> in
<Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> available at
7) GR modification seconded by Chad Walstrom <email@example.com> in
8) Original GR seconded by John Goerzen <firstname.lastname@example.org> in
Unfortunately, I cannot provide URLs for the last two since the
mailing-list archives are currently b0rked.
So, the modified proposal (which ends with the sentence "Clause 5 of the
social contract is repealed.") still needs two additional seconds to be
formally introduced and have the discussion period officially start.
Hope this helps,