Re: one of the many reasons why removing non-free is a dumb idea

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 05:27:18PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 04:57:46PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> > It may not be a concern for *you*. Yet it might be a concern for the
> > whole project, if you take a bit wider look at it.
>
> Sure. If you are concerned by other packages that don't run on an arch
> you care about, your are free to provide the work needed to fix it.

No thanks, I don't feel like fixing non-free.

> But using this as an example to remove _every_ package from non-free,
> and the whole of non-free is stupid.

It's just one argument. Of course, removing non-free just because of
that is stupid, but we're trying to bring up arguments for discussion,
remember?

> What about the packages who are arch: all and those who are well
> maintained ? You may not be the one using those, but others certainly
> do, and the maintainer certainly cares about their package enough to
> have them well maintained.

We all hope they will continue to maintain them well, on nonfree.org.

Michael