Re: The "Free" vs. "Non-Free" issue

On 2004-01-07 14:11:05 +0000 Buddha Buck <bmbuck@14850.com> wrote:

Yes.  The web of trust issue.

The web of trust can probably be extended through some signing of external package providers and a web of trust being established between them. That extends the general web of trust, which may be a good thing. Would it count as support for non-free? I don't think so.

[...]

encouraging the free Java SDKs to become better so that Eclipse, et alia, can move to main is a more important goal than dropping support for Eclipse, etc.

It sounds that this is near, for at least some. Will you work with debian-java and the package maintainers to help it happen?

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at