Re: one of the many reasons why removing non-free is a dumb idea

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 07:46:50PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 07:33:08PM +0100, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> > And what happens to be one of the advantages of Debian? Its multi-arch
> > support... Even for non-free.
>
> Non-free does not get autobuilt.

I know, so it needs to be manually-built. And that requires access to
the target architecture, so you can compile the application (not taking
into account cross-compiling, with which I have no experience, but I
believe that is not working well enough generally).

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
+31-30-253 4499