Re: GR: Removal of non-free

On Jan 2, 2004, at 14:37, MJ Ray wrote:

On 2004-01-01 10:50:53 +0000 Kalle Kivimaa <killer@debian.org> wrote:

At the moment that is not a good answer in my opinion, as it would
mean losing much of the current Java support.

I thought there were some Java systems which could go in Debian now. Is that correct?

Not really. They don't have all the features of the Sun implementation, and much (most?) java software doesn't work with them.

If so, why aren't those things you named in main? I have heard that the contrib Tomcat is a particular irritation to some users.

Because they don't, as far as their maintainers know, work with any Java in main.