Re: GRs, irrelevant amendments, and insincere voting

On Nov 1, 2003, at 20:09, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 14:58:40 -0500, Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> said:

I guess one function of this (sub-)thread is to try and spread the
meme that proposing irrelevant amendments that an original GR
proposer is a Bad Thing, and should be discouraged at the RFD stage,
instead of us accepting as and article of faith that "the voting
method will take care of it".  I am not convinced that our voting
method will.

	I think that stifling solutions is way worse option. People
 should be able to propose whatever solutions they think are best for
 the situation at hand.

	Treat people like miscreants, and they shall behave as such.

	I think that this level of mistrust of ones fellow developer
 speaks ill of us all.

Branden essentially said "please don't propose non-germane amendments". And somehow that is "treat[ing] people like miscreants'?