Re: GRs, irrelevant amendments, and insincere voting

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 01:27:52AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> (Note that this has been discussed copiously in the lead up to the voting
> GR; and that we've had the GR on it, which has passed)

What's your point?  It's been "discussed copiously" before, so it
shouldn't be discussed again?  So what?  debian-legal had to field
redundant questions about what's wrong with the GNU FDL over and over
and over again until people started getting off their butts and putting
together reference documents.

Or is your point that because the GR has passed, it's all moot and the
voting method will never be changed again, so we're stuck with whatever
manipulative abuses of the system happen to exist -- time to put them to
use and spike the ball in the end zone when we succeed in derailing GRs
with irrelevant BS amendments?

If *you* don't want to discuss this, *you* don't have to.  But I don't
recognize your right to tell me and others on this list to stop
exploring these issues.  If you have something worthwhile to
contribute[1], please do so.

[1] just so you know, I don't regard "shut up" as worthwhile

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    America is at that awkward stage.
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    It's too late to work within the