[AMENDMENT BR1] GR: Disambiguation of Section 4.1.5 of the constitution

I, too, would like to re-propose the General Resolution I proposed three
years ago.  (This is substantively the same, with only minor wording
changes.)

 4. The Developers by way of General Resolution or election

   4.1. Powers

    Together, the Developers may:
     1. Appoint or recall the Project Leader.
     2. Amend this constitution, provided they agree with a 3:1 majority.
     3. Override any decision by the Project Leader or a Delegate.
     4. Override any decision by the Technical Committee, provided they
        agree with a 2:1 majority.
-    5. Issue nontechnical policy documents and statements.
-       These include documents describing the goals of the project, its
-       relationship with other free software entities, and nontechnical
-       policies such as the free software licence terms that Debian
-       software must meet.
-       They may also include position statements about issues of the day.
+    5. Issue, withdraw, and supsersede nontechnical policy documents
+       and statements.  These include documents describing the goals of
+       the project, its relationship with other free software entities,
+       and nontechnical policies such as the free software licence
+       terms that Debian software must meet.
+       They may also include position statements about issues of the day.

 Rationale: The clause being modified has been seen to be quite
 ambiguous.  Since the original wording appeared to be amenable to two
 wildly different interpretations, this change adds clarifying the
 language in the constitution about _changing_ non technical
 documents.

I am seeking seconds for this amendment.  In the interests of full
disclosure I should point out that I do not expect the proposer of the
resolution I am amending to accept this amendment.  This amended version
of the resolution does not create a class of nontechnical policy
document or statement called a "foundational document".

(If any readers have questions about the amendment process, I urge them
to re-read section A.1. of the Debian Constitution[1].)

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/constitution

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I have a truly elegant proof of the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    above, but it is too long to fit