Re: QUESTIONNAIRE: Debian Project Leadership

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 09:20:13PM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:
> you also did a good job at the thankless task of Treasurer.  it's a crap
> job, but somebody has to do it, and you did it well with regular reports
> and updates and generally showed good organisational skills.

I appreciate the compliment but in my own opinion I have not lived up to
my own expectations as SPI Treasurer.  Anthony Towns can offer you quite
a long list of my failings in that department should you care to ask him
(and perhaps even if you don't).

While I would object to any assertion that I'm a worse SPI Treasurer
than Darren Benham, that's hardly a tough standard to beat.  He set the
bar so low only an earthworm could limbo under it.  :-P

> IMO, the fact that you're confrontational and opinionated is a good
> thing.  the DPL should take a far more active and front-line role, and
> set the agenda (for action and for debate).

Again, I appreciate the compliments.  I have been known to change my
mind from time to time.  Joey Hess has on at least one occassion kept
me from doing something fairly stupid with XFree86, and, again, Anthony
Towns knows of an instance where I changed my mind and ended up agreeing
with him.  He also wanted me to apologize for having ever felt
differently, I think, but, well, you can't win 'em all.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      Please do not look directly into