Re: QUESTIONNAIRE: Debian Project Leadership

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 10:05:37AM -0800, David N. Welton wrote:
> Andreas Schuldei <andreas@schuldei.org> writes:

> > > 19. Should decisions about DFSG-compliance be made on the
> > > debian-legal list, or should we have a more formalized body for
> > > making such decisions?

> > debian legal has the experts, they should know and feel responsible
> > and decide

> Since when are they 'experts'?  Frankly, I want to see some law
> degrees, or the equivalent work experience in the legal field, before
> I start listening to most of those people.

You realize that interpreting what is and is not "free" according to the
DFSG is not formally a question of law?

And that, so long as the ftpmasters take the advice dispensed on
debian-legal, you don't really get a choice wrt listening to debian-legal
as regards the operations of Debian?

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer