Re: GRs, irrelevant amendments, and insincere voting

On Nov 1, 2003, at 19:34, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

	A supermajority requirement is a requirement for a rough
 consensus. By putting  D ahead of the options you do not like, you
 are effectively rejecting the possibility that that option could be a
 valid solution to whatever we are voting for.  Vetoing solutions is
 not a great way to achieve consensus; but consensus is not something
 that can be forced.

Ah, but there is a paradox: Consensus on one of the options does exist. The option just got dropped (failed n:1 requirements) due to people wanting another option, too. That is, I think, a technical failing of the voting system. We fail the Strong Defensive Strategy Criterion.