Re: RFD: amendment of Debian Social Contract

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 12:04:38AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> I am not planning to do that because our voting mechanism has no means
> of declaring two winners.  It is easy for me to imagine that both
> proposals would pass by the required majority, but the editorial-only
> one would be the Condorcet winner because it would garner more votes
> (presumably because it would be less controversial).

Err, if there are three choices (your proposal, editorial-only, and further
discussion), and the Condorcet ballots show that more people preferred
editorial-only over your proposal, doesn't that mean that more people
preferred editorial-only over your proposal?
--
Robert Woodcock - rcw@debian.org
"Hiring assassins [...] is not something Americans are very good at."