Re: Updated proposed ballot for the constitutional amendment (clarification of section 4.1.5)

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 21:28, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> 	And what is the difference between a 3:1 majority and a 3:1
>  super majority? If there is no difference, why can't the terms be
>  used interchangeably?

Using two different technical terms makes it seem like there is a
distinction. Also, a "3:1 majority" is a contradiction; a majority is
defined as "The greater number or part; a number more than half of the
total."[0]. If we require more than 50%+1, we no longer require a
majority, we require a supermajority, "a specified majority of votes,
such as 60 percent, required to approve a motion or pass
legislation."[1]

[0], [1] The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English
         Language, Fourth Edition via dictionary.com