Re: GR: Disambiguation of Section 4.1.5 of the constitution

I am not a developer, and thus can not propose this amendment. I would
still like to suggest it, however, in hopes that either Branden Robinson
will accept it, or that some other developer will sponsor it:

    In the Robinson amendment's changes to (5), replace "modify"
    with "supersede."

RATIONALE
---------

This would make changes to Debian's core non-technical documents, such
as the Social Contract, work like the IETF's RFC process: Once issued, a
document is never changed; however, new versions supersede the old
version.

Many people, both inside and outside Debian, refer to our non-technical
policies, such as the Debian Free Software Guidelines. If we just modify
those documents, all those references become unclear: To which version
do they apply? However, if we issue a new document instead, the
references remain clear, and is guaranteed to always do so, just like a
reference to RFC822.