Re: Call for votes for the Condorcet/Clone proof SSD voting methods GR

Hello,

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 01:03:39AM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> For the benefit of the average non-voting-geek Debian developer,
> could the proponents of this amendment please explain what problem
> it attempts to solve, with real life examples?
>
> An explanation of why we need such a complicated system at all would be
> interesting too.

I'm no real proponent of Manoj's amendment, but maybe you
will find my debian voting system information page at

    http://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/~wwwstoch/voss/comp/vote.html

useful.  It answers some of your questions and contains
pointers to further information.

> As an aside, where is the constituition located on www.d.o, and why
> doesn't the search engine find any references to it at all?
My page contains a link to the constitution :-)

I hope this helps,
Jochen
--
                                         Omm