Re: Call for votes for the Condorcet/Clone proof SSD voting methods GR

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 01:03:39AM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> For the benefit of the average non-voting-geek Debian developer,
> could the proponents of this amendment please explain what problem
> it attempts to solve, with real life examples?
> An explanation of why we need such a complicated system at all would be
> interesting too.

I'm no real proponent of Manoj's amendment, but maybe you
will find my debian voting system information page at

useful.  It answers some of your questions and contains
pointers to further information.

> As an aside, where is the constituition located on www.d.o, and why
> doesn't the search engine find any references to it at all?
My page contains a link to the constitution :-)

I hope this helps,