Re: Per-item "quorum" and truncated ballots

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 06:23:35PM -0400, moth@magenta.com wrote:
> On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 05:24:59PM -0400, Buddha Buck wrote:
> > with an R of 105.
> I presume you mean with a quorum of 105.  Which would mean that we have
> something like 44100 debian developers.

R = 3Q = 3(n**0.5 / 2)
n = (2R/3)**2
  = 4900

> Out of more than fourty thousand debian developers, less than one hundred
> stated that they preferred red over the vote defaulting?

So this is less than one hundred of almost five thousand.

> Those people would have accepted red as being
> no worse than the current situation,

Strictly, it's not "the current situation", but rather "not making a
decision at all on whether to keep the current situation, or change to
something else".

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''