Re: Constitutional amendment: Condorcet/Clone Proof SSD vote tallying

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 09:29:36AM +0200, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jochen Voss wrote:
> > My example: The winner among the interesting options changes
> >     because an uninteresting option fails quorum.
>
> That is a property of any Condorcet conflict resolution system. You can't
> avoid it unless you throw the entire vote out and start over.
This is what John's proposal would suggests.

> The fact that few people bothered to vote for it shouldn't have the power to
> do that.
Do you mean to cause the entire vote to be thrown out?

Whenever John's proposal would discard a vote,
Manoj's proposal would effectively, too: when there
are less then Q votes total, then there are obviously
less the Q votes for each option.

Jochen
--
                                         Omm