Re: Testing the voting scripts

On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 04:48:21AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	If you can come up with a provably secure protocol for devotee
>  to use; I'll gladly switch to using that, provided that the
>  additional cost of implementing and using that protocol is not
>  prohibitive.

With this key in place, the current setup is provably secure under the
criteria that the box and account which devotee runs on has to be
secure and the secretary has to be trusted.

Given that we need those criteria anyway for the current system, it is
not particularly onerous here.

Calling a gpg key "insecure" seems pretty silly... all that a gpg key
says is that the message was signed/read by the owner of the private
key. Anything else is a product of the user's imagination, not a
property of gpg keys.

We have more stringent requirements for keys in the Debian keyring,
and that is in no sense relevant here.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-             -><-          | London, UK